Wednesday 15 June 2022

Royal Ascot Event

Wednesday 15th June - 2022

These four photographs should put a smile on everyone's face from the Royal Ascot Event at the Ascot Racecourse on June 14th. 

Royal Ascot is the seasonal Event that is steeped in tradition of the finest horse racing, spectacular fashion, elegant atmosphere and a major splash of royalty.

Last week I was rubbing shoulders with HRH the Queen & her corgis at Buckingham Palace, yesterday I was in the VIP area of the Queen Anne Enclosure at Royal Ascot watching the Royal Procession pass by me at arm's length range. 


Not too “shabby” for a motor mechanic and a former sandshoes wearing ex-Garbo from the insular Peninsula. So what do you think of the ‘Squire from the Shire’ dressed up in his Top Hat & Tails at Royal Ascot yesterday? 

I always told you that I can mix it with the “Toff’s” & no one would believe me. Well here is the truth that nobody can deny.

The following is the strict 
Gentlemen's Dress Code for the Queen Anne EnclosureGentlemen are required to wear a full-length suit with a collared shirt and tie, and kindly asked to take note of the following: Jackets and trousers should be of matching colour and pattern. A tie should be worn at all times. Bow ties and cravats are not permitted. Socks must be worn and should cover the ankle. Jeans, chinos and trainers are not permitted.


I was within spitting distance of our future King, Prince Andrew & Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwell, that's her in the green hat in carriage sitting next to Charlie as they passed only metres from me. (photo above). 

What an exciting day I enjoyed yesterday, beautiful weather as you can see in the photos (25°C) mixing it with Royalty & ceremony. The Poms really know how to put on a show, only in England does this happen & I am so privileged to be here to experience such occasions.

What’s more I backed the win
ner in the third race. I placed ten Quid each way on Australian raider Nature Strip (trained by none other than Chris Waller) that ran out an emphatic winner of the King’s Stand Stakes. I was so excited watching the race I think I actually wet myself. In the end Nature Strip won by 4 1/2 lengths, shit it in.


You know I have been here in the ‘Old Dart’ for three weeks tomorrow, I really have not had a moment to scratch myself, I feel like I need a holiday already!

The weather has been superb, no rain to speak of. Beautiful blue skies without a cloud in the sky & the sun shining bright most days, how good is that. Please spread the word that every thing is going to plan so far with my time here in Britain.


Next “Adventure before Dementia” is to see multi Grammy and American Music Award winners and Rock N' Roll Hall of Famers;  Glady’s Knight & the Pips at the Royal Albert Hall in Kensington. (you're all too young, you wouldn’t remember them, Ha! Ha!)

Well folks that is about all at the moment, today I need to return my rental Top Hat & Tails to the rental store in Watford.

Warbo


No comments:

Post a Comment