Wednesday 11 January 2023

'Sheila' back from the Mexican Auto Beauty Parlor

Wednesday 11th January - 2023

You can’t keep a good man down they say…

This morning when Sam & I ventured over to Mesa, here in Phoenix, to pick up 'Sheila' after she had spent a couple of days of 'enhancement treatment' in the Mexican Auto beauty salon. Boy was I pleasantly surprised when I first set eyes on her this morning.

'Sheila' sparkling in the Arizona Winter sun after she returned
today from the Mexican Auto Beauty parlor 
over in Mesa

I purchased 'Sheila' from a guy in the seductive & beautiful town of Sedona in Arizona 13-years ago on one of Ken’s ‘Magical Mystery Tours’ with my son Nathaniel , that's when we were on our way for a massive road trip all way up to Alaska in the RV.

As I have mentioned previously 'Sheila' has served me very well in all those years of driving her all over America. I decided it was about time that I spoiled her with a decent face lift. 

I had to re-introduce 'Sheila' again to her other sisters
because they would not have recognised her.

In the past couple of Blogs, I have shown and described to you what my baby looked like when I arrived here 3-weeks ago after a 3.5-year desert hiatus due to many various reasons.

The detailers also cleaned 'Sheila's' engine spotlessly. Now, you could eat your dinner off the mighty 4-cylinder, side-valve, 40hp donk.

Sam senior & I collected a bale of hay out of the ‘31 Model A Ford
pick-up to feed the horses & goats.

I am delighted with the resurrection that they were able to do with the paint work, interior & upholstery.

God forbid, after looking at the old girl today in all its splendor I may have to make a ‘Trailer Queen out of her’ not likely.

The goats on the property also need looking after
at feeding time in the afternoon

I am delighted with the resurrection that they were able to do with the paint work, interior & upholstery.

God forbid, after looking at the old girl today in all its splendor I may have to make a ‘Trailer Queen out of her’ not likely.

Just to keep 'Sheila' happy when I arrived back into the San Tan Trailer Village this morning I had to re-introduce her again to her other sisters (see photo) because they would not have recognised her.

The horses know when it's feeding time here
in the corral

Once that formality was out of the way, I then parked her under the car port at space #93 right next to my permanent trailer home.

Then later this afternoon it was time to stop playing with my toys & do some real work around our surrounding farmland property to help Sam senior out.

It was time to feed my boys. Sam senior & I collected a bale of hay out of the ‘31 Model A Ford pick-up to feed the horses & goats. Let me tell you that here on the farm that word GOAT certainly does not mean ‘Greatest of all Time’.

The detailers also cleaned 'Sheila's' engine spotlessly. Now, you could eat your
dinner off the mighty 4-cylinder, side-valve, 40hp donk.

Tomorrow, I hope to receive my new gear change cable that is being shipped from Virginia, then it is full steam ahead to replace the cable & move onto the emission's test, registration, etc, of the RV.

This coming Friday I will have been here in Phoenix for 4-weeks, I can’t believe where the time has gone to. 

My good 'Shire' friend Steve Core, will be here for 3-weeks at the start of February and we have a few road trips planned in 'Sheila' and I if I know Steve, there will be something to do with planes somewhere along the way.



'Sheila' safely parked under the car port at space #93
right next to my permanent trailer home

Plus Steve loves his photography, so we will draw on his skills to capture 'Sheila' in some all mighty iconic locations before my 90-day US adventure is over in March. You can look forward to seeing those photos in my upcoming blogs.

Then, come March, I will be heading home again before you can say ‘Jack Robinson’ - that’s scary.

That’s all folks for today’s live report from the San Tan (over 55's) Mobile Village here in Arizona.

Looking forward to looking back.

Stay safe, cheers for now.

Warbo

No comments:

Post a Comment