Sunday 8 January 2023

Build-up to getting my RV ready for sale

Sunday 8th January - 2023

I hope everyone is having a great start to 2023.

I am bright eyed & bushy tailed this morning because I managed to fire up the RV yesterday without too much drama, if you can believe it!

This was the job that l was fearing the most and it turned out to be the easiest. I had much more trouble with my Model A Ford, 'Sheila' & the Toyota Echo getting them to start than I did with the RV. Thank heavens.

My RV has a lot of work to be done on it after siting idle
here in Phoenix for the last 3.5 years

I even slept in yesterday fearing the worst of what lay ahead of me, as I was not game enough to even start with lifting the bonnet. Turns out after a period of 3.5 years the old girl started up with some tender loving care from the old motor mechanic from Down-Under.

I tried all my years of experience & tricks & guess what, the BIG V-10 engine is purring like a kitten.

My RV that you see in the photos is 33ft or 10 mts in length with a huge V-10 engine, chewing up more than 10-miles to the gallon of petrol. In the past I have enjoyed many wonderful road trips driving all over the United States in it, east to west & north to south. Now it is too expensive for a battler like myself to drive all around America like I used to do.

My RV has served me well over the years,
but now it's time to clean it up and sell it.

I tow my stick shift 2000 Toyota Echo sedan behind the RV camper, with the mighty V-10 powering the RV on the open road, you wouldn’t even know that the car is being towed behind you.

The last big road trip I did was to drive over to Florida in May, 2019 to see where Henry Ford & his close mate, inventor, Thomas Edison used to spend their summer vacations in Florida. I actually wrote a blog about that trip a few years ago, maybe you read it? (Click here to read it)

My next job is to get the RV pollution tested & re-registered & it will be ready for sale. You can’t sell a vehicle here in Arizona if it does not have a current, valid pollution certificate. Right now it is 7:00 am, the sun does not rise until around 07:20am so I will have my brekko & hit the tools again today.

The big V-10 donk is housed directly under
the front cabin floor

It will be such a load off my mind when I clear myself of all this baggage up here that l have accumulated over the years plus not to mention the cost.

I can’t believe how expensive the cost of living has become here in America, inflation is rampant, it used to be cheap to come to the States & enjoy a magnificent holiday, you used to get value for your money, now it is completely over the top.

Believe it or not we are so much better off in Australia than these poor people here in America & in England & we have the good weather to go with it. Trust me count your blessings that we live in the lucky country.

The access panel to the mighty V-10 engine is through
the front of the rig

It is just starting to come light outside & looks like it will be another nice day, we have had a couple of rainy days which is very unusual for Phoenix.

Time for my brekko with fresh, free-range farm eggs, they are sensational straight from the meandering chooks here on the property at the San Tan Village, they are still warm if you can believe it.

Need to finish off now & hit the road running.

Stay safe. Cheers as always from your roving “Squire”

Warbo


RELATED: To read about my visits to 
Fort Myers, Florida the site of the historic Winter Estate homes of US industrial icons, Henry Ford & Thomas Edison. CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment