Wednesday 4 January 2023

'Sheila' now US roadworthy

Tuesday 3rd January - 2023

After two weeks of being here in Chandler, Phoenix, Arizona, I have finally got my my Model A Ford, 'Sheila' ready in preparation for local registration.


At 5:00pm this afternoon Sammy & myself were putting the finishing touches together at the local motor registry to register both my Toyota Echo and 'Sheila' for legal use on US roads.

'Sheila' looking a little bit dusty after 3.5 years in
storage here in Arizona

When I insured 'Sheila' yesterday with the State Farm Insurance Company they required photographs of the old girl for their records & also the all important VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) that is stamped on the LHS chassis rail.

Sheila's engine, she's still purring like a kitten
and has never let me down

Today, I gave her a quick wash & took some photographs to forward onto the Insurance Company as they requested. Without that Number the authorities will not allow any vehicle to depart America.

The all import VIN number

After all my mechanical work to get her up and running smoothly, I can’t wait until I have 'Sheila' professionally detailed on the 6th January, she should come up brilliantly.

Then it will be ready for some grand touring. My friend, Steve Core will be arriving here from Australia in Phoenix on the 1st of February for a 3-week stay, and we are planning a few adventurous road trips in the old girl. 

In addition, the old Toyota Echo will also have a lick & a promise on the 5th January, then I will put her out the front of San Tan Mobile Village & see what eventuates, hopefully I shouldn’t have too much trouble selling it.

Earlier this morning we enjoyed a beautiful Arizona sun rise.
My view from my front porch.

Tomorrow, I will start working on my V-10 Chevy engine Mobile Home, I really have not been looking forward to that challenge. I already have a bloke interested in it with the condition that the engine is running, plus it passes the pollution test & finally re-registered for road worthiness. Wish me luck, I will need it.

Sammy, in the office, on the phone running his Arizona Model A
business here in Chandler, Arizona.

I am so fortunate that I have the resident Guthrie family here at the park, Sammy (junior) allows me to use all his tools, if l need any parts he usually has them in stock, not only that Sammy’s dad (Sam senior) drives me where ever I need to venture in Chandler in his 1931 Model A Ford pick up, we have an absolute ball.

You should see the pair of us 75-year old’s running around town we look like we are on the set of the Beverly Hillbillies, only we are having a much better time.

Sammy, parked out the front of my trailer home in
his huge Ford F250, Super Duty, 4x4, pick-up.

In the photo (above) it's a head-on shot of Sammy’s big Ford F250, 4x4, Super Duty, pick-up, if you look carefully, you can see my trailer home behind the tree. 

That has been my home here in Chandler, Arizona for the past 13-years. When I venture over here for my 90-day vacation, it's been my home away from home.

All for now.

Warbo

No comments:

Post a Comment