Monday 20 August 2018

Pre-certification work is complete...

US Saturday 18th August - 2018

Finally all the hard preliminary preparation work has been done, yesterday we delivered 'Hoover' my 1931 AA Ford Truck to the warehouse in Compton, Los Angeles.
 
As we completed all the work required on the other two vehicles during this past week, we delivered all three vehicles to the Compton warehouse so that they can make them ready for fumigation & asbestos swab testing next Monday (20th August).


In the photo below, all three vehicles are parked safely in the warehouse waiting for their final inspection fate on Monday.


Update: After endless hours of preparation work
all three of my cars sitting in Compton awaiting final certification

The company that we are using here in LA to complete certification, asbestos swab testing & what ever else is required only do their testing on Mondays. So if I hadn’t delivered all vehicles by yesterday - I would have to wait another week for the process.


During the past week we have removed all the brake shoes, clutch plates, head gaskets & manifold gaskets from the three vehicles to be exported back to Sydney. Hopefully that will ensure the vehicles a clean bill of health once they hit the shore in Sydney at the Container Terminal in Port Botany in a few months time.



My 1964 Plymouth/Valiant on the Car trailer all ready to be delivered
to the warehouse in LA for export to Australia compliance

In the photo [above] you can see my 1964 Plymouth/ Valiant on the car trailer all ready to be delivered to the warehouse in LA.


[Below] Prior to unloading 'Hoover' from the car trailer yesterday you can see the two Anzacs at work in our high-vis vests. 


My Kiwi mate, Mike Lawrence [right] is my right-hand man
here in LA


Without my Kiwi friend Mike Lawrence life would have been a lot tougher to prepare the vehicles this week, he is my right hand man here in LA - he makes things happen.


Unfortunately I do not have a photo of Mike’s wife Judy at the moment, she was also a tower of strength when needed & what’s more Judy makes the best cuppa tea here in America.


My 1931 Model A Ford slant window 4-door sedan with wheels and brake drums
removed asbestos certification prior to shipping to Australia

[Above] My 1931 Model A Ford slant window 4-door Town Sedan was already in the LA depot with the wheels & brake drums removed for inspection on Monday 20th August.


[Below] If you look closely on the right-hand side (looking at the truck) you will notice some orange tie-down straps on the tray, those straps are supporting the engine of the truck. We had to remove the engine so that the clutch plate could be removed.


Custom forklift wheel tines - a very clever and safe innovation
to lift the vehicle from the trailer without any damage

[Above] you can see the tines of the forklift preparing to lift 'Hoover' from the car trailer, a very clever & safe way to lift the vehicle without damaging anything.

Tomorrow is Sunday, I am off to a swap meet. This afternoon (Saturday) I will help my friends set up all the assorted gear that they hope to sell tomorrow.


Work in progress, now I can relax a little and I am really looking forward to the certification results next Wednesday.


Cheers for now 
Warbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment