Wednesday 8 August 2018

Heading back to California & Arizona

Wednesday 8th August, 2018.

Today I departed Sydney for my second trip to the US in two months.

My mission this trip is to prepare my three new cars that I purchased last month in the US for shipment to Australia. The cars must comply with the strictly enforced rules by the Australian Border Force regarding the total ban on deadly asbestos.


Onboard my Qantas A380 today for my Sydney departure.
Lucky to score a spare seat next to me on the upper deck
in Business Class.

Asbestos used to be a popular material because of its high level of fire resistance, and up until the 1970s it was used in gaskets, Brake linings, clutches, and other car parts.

The initial ban on importing goods with asbestos into Australia was brought into law back in 2003, but in July 2017 a warning was issued by the Australian Border Force (ABF) that a harder stance would be taken against those flouting the laws. 



My three new cars that I have the get certified in California as being
asbestos free before I can import them into Australia

Asbestos testing is carried out on imported items that are deemed to be a risk by the agency, even if the importer has declared that the item doesn’t contain the material, and importers are expected, by law, to know whether an item contains asbestos.

Read more about my three new cars HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment