Monday 16 July 2018

My last Sunday in my Arizona home...

US Sunday 15th July - 2018

Tomorrow, US Monday 16th July, I depart this wonderful environment that I live in here in Chandler, Phoenix, Arizona.


In the first photo [below] with the goats, early model Ford Broncos, tractors, (mules that you can not see in this photograph) you can actually see my trailer, that's mine on the right hand side, 
marked with the red arrow. This is the view that I wake up to every day overlooking this big paddock.


This paddock is the view I see from my trailer every day, where
chooks, rabbits, mules and goats roam around freely
under the Mulberry trees
On this property, Sammy’s bone yard and Model A Ford business is nestled among the trees in the background, where the chooks & rabbits roam around freely under all the fruit and mulberry trees. 

This is truly a spectacular atmosphere to be part of, plus the Guthrie family are down to earth country people, that have excepted me into their family like I am one of their clan, I am privileged to be here.


A local promo banner for Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Some of you will probably remember Sheriff Joe Arpaio, this was his part of Arizona where he would make the prisoners wear pink uniforms, build pink tent prisons in the desert, when the prisoners requested T.V. he gave them the Disney Channel, and the religious channels. 

He was also the Sheriff that attended the fatal shooting here in my park a couple of years ago. He was also pardoned by President Trump recently, he is now at the ripe old age of 85 or so running in the mid term elections to become a U.S. Senator. Sammy tells me that there is no way he will be elected.

Which now brings me to the last two photographs. I am standing beside two new members to the Warburton family. 

The other night over a cuppa tea and TimTam biscuits, Sammy mentioned that I should go and have a look at this 1931 Model A Ford slant window 4-door Town Sedan, (exactly the same model as ‘Sheila’) it belongs to one of his customers, only problem was it is in Simi Valley in California. So I called the guy the next day and before I knew it, I had rented a vehicle and was on Interstate 10 back to drive the 435 miles back to LA, California. 


I departed Chandler at 0300 on Thursday morning I drove straight through to Simi Valley (435 miles). What a pleasure it was to drive across the desert in a air-conditioned vehicle. 

On arrival, I looked over and drove the vehicle and before you could say ‘Jack Robinson’, I owned this beautiful Model A Ford. 


My new 1931 Model A Ford
slant window 4-door Town Sedan

While I was at it, parked beside the Model A Ford in the garage was this 1963 2-door Plymouth/ Valiant manual Sedan, in better condition than when it left the factory, and as you know I have a soft spot for Mopar vehicles, and my 1963 Valiant Regal Sedan in Sydney needs a sister, so l bought it too.

When I arrived here in Phoenix 5-weeks ago I promised myself that I was not going to buy any more motor vehicles. Needless to say, here I am now with a AA Ford Truck, purchased at the Independence Day Parade in Santa Clarita CA. on the 4th of July, a 1931 Model A Ford slant window Town Sedan, and a 1964 Plymouth/Valiant 2-door Sedan. If nothing else my Chrysler Restorer’s Club members will appreciate a sister for ‘Pie & Peas’.



My new
1964 Plymouth/Valiant 2-door Sedan

I over-nighted in LA on Thursday night, at 0400 on Friday morning to beat the LA traffic, I jumped into the rental car and drove back to Phoenix arriving at the trailer park at 1030 Friday morning with just under 1,000 miles behind me.

So now I need to de-asbestos these three latest additions to our family & ship them back to Australia. So wish me luck, because they say to import older vehicles into Australia is one hell of a journey, of which I am about to find out.

I depart LAX tomorrow night & arrive home into cold old Sydney on Wednesday morning.


Cheers for now
Warbo


No comments:

Post a Comment