Tuesday 9 October 2018

The road home from South Australia

Friday 5th October - 2018

We did the Paddle Boat Cruise onboard Captain Proud from Murray Bridge, not too much to report about the voyage because it was an evening cruise & that means that it was dark so you could not see anything of the “Mighty” Murray River anyway.


Captain Proud Paddle Boat Cruise on the Murray River

Peter & myself decided to depart the Murray Bridge Rally early on Friday morning so that it would give us an extra day to drive back home to Sydney. 


Instead of me busting my arse on the drive home we decided that it was much more civilised and safer to allow 3-days instead of two for the return journey.

Alan Russell and I in his citrus orchard in Waikerie, SA
posing alongside the '64 Valiant Regal sedan I sold him back in 2008

Peter has to be home to start work first thing on Monday morning at his Motor Mechanics workshop & I have be back to do further work on importing my three new vehicles from the US later this month.

From Murray Bridge, SA, we drove North to a little town called Waikerie, SA, the reason being as you can see by the photographs of the Blue 1964 Valiant Regal Sedan & my Model A Ford nestled in the orange orchid.

The still original nice looking interior of the
'64 Valiant Regal sedan

I sold this '64 Valiant to Alan Russell who owns and runs a Citrus Orchard here in Waikerie on Anzac Day (25/4/2008). This vehicle was originally purchased brand new by my Dad's middle-brother and when my Uncle Jim Passed away 20-odd-years ago, I purchased this vehicle from his family. 

So I decided that being so close to Waikerie on this trip I wanted to call in and have another look at this old vehicle of mine & I was definitely not disappointed to not only see the vehicle but also catch up with Alan.

Our two cars in the citrus orchard in Waikereie, SA

After spending an hour or so with Alan we pushed on to Balranald and spend the night there in a Motel so that we could enjoy breakfast at the Balranald Bakery this morning.

What’s more we were advised by another motorist while we were fueling up in Balranald that had just driven over from Hay that it would be very dangerous to attempt the Hay Plains at that time of the afternoon because of the hundreds of Kangaroos & Emu’s that were along the Highway.


Warbo



No comments:

Post a Comment