Friday 19 April 2019

Departing Phoenix, Arizona

Along with my road trip travelling companion, David in his 5th wheel rig, we departed the San Tan Mobile Village in Phoenix today. Below our rigs, ready to start rolling this afternoon at 1400.


Closest to the camera, my RV; my 33ft Surfside mobile home,
towing my Toyota Echo sedan. Here we are ready to leave
my Phoenix home in the San Tan Mobile Village.

We hit the road from the Phoenix suburbs running and now after a leisurely 250-mile drive from Phoenix, Arizona heading East on Interstate Highway 10. We are now in the state of New Mexico, and we are settled in for the evening at a Truck Stop in Lordsburg, New Mexico.

Lordsburg, NM was put on the map back in 1927 when famous aviator Charles Lindbergh stopped at their airport during his Spirit of St Louis Air Tour.

My good friend Sammy also runs his vintage car business from
the San Tan Mobile Village

Tomorrow we will head towards Waco, Texas, because David wants to visit the famous US Soft Drink manufacturer, Dr. Pepper Factory & Museum. I want to see where all those people from the Branch Davidian Cult perished many years ago in that horrible fire during the Waco Seige in 1993.

So we will hit the road early tomorrow to get some miles under our belts in the early part of the day.

It is great to be back ‘On the road again’. I need to hit the sack for my beauty sleep. So until the next report I will sign off for now.

Cheers

Warbo

No comments:

Post a Comment