Monday 15 August 2022

Jaunting off to Scotland by Bus

Friday 12th August - 2022

After two months in the UK, I have departed Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire about 80Kms northwest of London, for Scotland by Motorcoach, to join up with my C·I·E Tours 12-day Grand Tour of Scotland that will include the 2022 Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

Our coach driver is Scottish & I am having trouble understanding his accent, God forbid. Thank heavens I am not driving, this freeway is like driving on Sydney's Southern distributor in peak hour. The traffic is moving at a snail's pace.


Thinking back to my last visit to Scotland, I have just calculated that it has been 51-years since I was last here, and now I have finally made back to Scotland, and by sheer coincidence I have entered Scotland at exactly the same place that I did all those years ago, via the M6 at Gretna Green.


The 'Welcome to Scotland' sign. Unfortunately the photo (above) is the pits because we were heading right into the afternoon sun & I did not have a choice.

My good run of luck with the weather has followed me to Scotland, the driver just informed us that the temperature today in Glasgow was 32°
c.

There are real hills as l look out each side of the coach. 
The country side is much more greener up here the further we travel north. It is now 8:00pm and the sun is still up, however l can feel a little nip in the air that I haven’t felt since l arrived in the UK some 78-days ago.


Due to our Friday afternoon M6 Motorway delays, we will arrive into Glasgow about 90-minutes late. I'm spending the first night in the Z Hotel is right in heart of downtown Glasgow. And tomorrow I will join up my C·I·E Tour Group.

We have stopped to change drivers our pilot must be out of hours, I hope that our new pilot does not have such a strong Scottish accent.

I decided that I should take a photo out of the front window of the bus. As you can see the traffic is still horrendous, these Pommies need to build this M6 freeway with 6 lanes not 3 as you can see in the photo. This highway is exactly the same as it was in 1971 when I first drove up here in my VW Camper Van with Pam as my navigator.


I am having the time of my life, who ever would have thought that I could have so much fun with a future Miss World sitting right next to me, money can not by this sort of entertainment.

Thinking back to when l booked this trip way back in late May it really did not cost that much if my memory serves me correctly, As I said I thought it was very inexpensive & it was. Just £28 return or AUD$77.00. The only bargain that l have experienced so far with UK transport while I've been here.


Everyone told me that l should have flown to Glasgow, thank heavens I didn’t because I would have missed out on all this fun.

The journey continues, I am sure there will be more to come before arrive in Glasgow.


Warbo

No comments:

Post a Comment