Friday 26 August 2022

Finding Bob Roberts

Thursday 25th August - 2022

I've had some amazing reactions to my story on my chance meeting with travelling Aussie, Bob Roberts, who is road-touring the UK in his imported 1926 Rolls Royce on his camping holiday.

The first reaction I received was from John DeBrincat, my International shipper who has helped me import a few cars from the US. 

John said: "Very interesting, I packed and shipped Bob’s car for him to the UK". John sent me a great photo of Bob's 1926 Rolls snuggly packed inside this trans-oceanic container, ready to sail from Australia to the UK.


(Above) Bob's 1926 Rolls snuggly packed inside this trans-oceanic container, ready to sail from Australia to the UK.
Photo: John 
DeBrincat 

Then I received this e-mail from my good friend Ron Cox in the Model A Ford Club in Sydney:

Good morning Ken,
You must have met our friend in Scotland because David and I both know Bob Roberts well in his 20hp RR, the poor bloke used to own a very nice Model A Ford but traded in on the RR, too bad. (See, I told you so!) I will see you when you get back to the land of Paradise, that’s Australia by the way.
Regards,
Ron


(Above) My fellow bus passengers brought to my attention Bob's car & trailer parked on an Edinburgh city street.

Then, this week during our Edinburgh City tour aboard our C·I·E Coach, guess what we stumbled across somewhere on the city streets. None other than Bob Robert’s 1926 Rolls Royce & trailer parked in the Edinburgh city center.

Actually all of my eagle-eyed fellow bus travelers spotted Bob's car first and they quickly remembered I told them Bob's unique story over the bus's PA system.

Can you actually believe all these coincidences - the chances are one in millions.

Warbo

No comments:

Post a Comment