Monday 13 May 2019

Home again in Arizona

Saturday 11th May - 2019

After my testing drive just 24-hours earlier, how good does this look. Blue skies, Saguaro Cactus, lower altitude, warmer temperatures, rattle snakes, deer, elk, scorpions, all makes for a beautiful day on the road traveling through the byways of Arizona enroute to Phoenix.


What a great sight for sore eyes, blue Arizona skies
and the landscape filled with healthy Saguaro cactus

Only another 50-miles and the journey is complete. I have removed my jacket for the first time in two-and-a-half days and boy does it feel great.


My RV, now basking in the warm Arizona sun, after enduring a blinding
snow storm less than 24-hours previous in New Mexico.

Update: After my marathon 1,900-mile (3,100 kms) drive from North Carolina, I have just arrived safely home, into Phoenix, Arizona at the San Tan Mobile Village at 11:00am.

The last 20-miles was possibly the hardest, I could hardly stay awake. 
This will be my last report from this marathon road trip. 

In just three-days time my good friend, Steve Core, arrives from Australia and then we will head off on a 1,700-mile road journey to Indianapolis, Indiana, for the 103rd running of the Indianapolis 500 on the Memorial Day weekend.

Cheers 

Warbo


No comments:

Post a Comment