Saturday 11 May 2019

Departing Santa Rosa, New Mexico

Friday 10th May - 2019

After my overnight stay outside the Route 66 Auto Museum, I departed Santa Rosa early this morning. With a big cold front moving through across the State, during the night the weather has turned miserable & nasty, it's cold, rainy and windy. Not ideal driving conditions.




Along Interstate 40, the visibility has dropped right off to zero & getting worse by the minute. It has started snowing here on the high plains of the eastern New Mexico desert. This part of the world normally has a dry, arid climate.


I am presently at 5,557 ft above sea level, I certainly hope that the de-icers work, otherwise I am in deep shit. (sorry snow).



I can’t believe it, I can not drive safely in these conditions!!! I had to pull off the Highway.




Never a dull moment when you're on the road with me.

Below, I just checked the live weather radar and as you can see. I am the blue dot and I have some serious weather between me and my next way-point, Albuquerque, New Mexico. 

I'm thinking that there might be a slight delay to me making it home to sunny Phoenix as planned. Stay tuned.


[click to enlarge]


Warbo

No comments:

Post a Comment