Thursday 9 May 2019

Passing the Big Texan

Thursday 9th May - 2019

I have been clocking up the miles since leaving Oklahoma, and now I'm just passing through the Texas high plains and what they call the Texas panhandle part of the State. 


The famous roadside Big Texan Steak Ranch

Thought that you may be interested in these few photographs of the Big Texan Steak Ranch, home of the free 72oz [2.0kg] steak challenge. 

It's a kitschy, saloon-style steak house located right next to Interstate Hwy 40 here in Amarillo in the guts of the panhandle of the lone star state.


The 72oz [2.0kg] steak is free - provided you can eat the
entire meal in a specified time

With a big, wet, cold front moving across the central US, the weather is really cold here in Amarillo at just 15ºC [59ºF]. I departed Oklahoma City earlier this morning & decided to have a break from driving by stopping here at this world famous Steak House.

My GPS tells me that I have only 731-miles to drive before I arrive back in Phoenix, AZ. This afternoon I will push onto Albuquerque in New Mexico where I plan to spend the night.

All is well at this end of the globe. Cheers for now.

Warbo.


No comments:

Post a Comment