Monday 9 July 2018

Nicole Tompkin's brush with fame...

Monday 9th July - 2018

Texas born, but now Hollywood, Southern California, based, Nicole Tompkins has showcased her talents on stage, screen and TV. She is also a voice over artist featuring in WB's Games 'Shadow of Mordor; Shadow of War' game.

Fans loved seeing Nicole on the season finale of 'American Horror Story: Hotel', portraying older Scarlett alongside Wes Bentley and Chloe Sevigney and then she geared up for even more buzz as three of her feature films were released in 2016.




(Above) I managed to spend some memorable time with the delightful and talented actor Nicole Tompkins. Nicole not only drives her own Model A Ford, she confidently double shifts through the gears

A gifted singer, Nicole enjoys writing and recording her own music. Having performed in over 20 stage musicals, she is well rounded in a range of vocal styles. Industry professionals recognize Nicole as a solid and reliable studio performer.


(Above) Nicole with her grandfather on the 4th July, 2018 in Santa Clarita, California. She proudly drove him in her Model A in the 4th July street parade. Her grandfather is a WWII veteran.

Nicole Tweeted: "I had the pleasure of parading my Grandfather in his 1928 Model A Touring in celebration of 4th of July. He is a WWII vet and has been an example of love and generosity my whole life. Happy July 4th everyone!"

Nicole has voiced leading roles in films such as "Caroline and the Magic Potion" as well "Antboy" and "Antboy: Revenge of the Red Fury". She has also been featured as principal vocal talent for numerous children's sing-along CDs, commercial spots, and educational products.


(Above) Nicole Tompkins behind the wheel of her 1929 Model A Ford Phaeton dressed up for the 2018 Santa Clarita 4th July street parade

The yellow 1929 Model A Ford Phaeton [above] is Nicole’s vehicle. The other couple in the photos [below] are Rick & his wife Susan, they are the couple that sold me their Ford AA truck.


(Above) With Nicole again, the other couple in the photo is Rick & his wife Susan, they are the couple that sold me their Ford AA truck this week.

Tomorrow when I arrive into San Diego I am going to drive over the Coronado Bay Bridge & visit the famous & historic, Victorian-era, Hotel De Coronado and have my lunch there. Then early afternoon I will drive south along the Silver Strand & that will bring me to the Mexican border, so that I can check out the construction of Donald Trump's Mexican wall.

Then if there is any time left I will visit the 1,200 acre Balboa Park... visit the Car Museum and the Air Museum. I have already explored the San Diego Zoo on my previous visits to San Diego over the years, so I don't need to do that. The big and busy, east-west, Interstate 8 that links San Diego with southern Arizona has lots of places to stay, that's the route I will take when I head for my home base back in Phoenix, Arizona.


(Above) Model As lined up in the driveway of Ron's house in Santa Clarita for our 4th July celebrations

The way it looks now, I will not be returning to Chandler, Arizona until Saturday or Sunday, which then leaves me 7-days to endure the desert heat in Arizona before boarding my Southwest Airlines flight to fly from Phoenix to LAX and then connect my journey home to Australia aboard my Qantas jet.

It is very hot here today in Santa Clarita, California (110ºF/43ºC) the good thing about the climate here is that it cools down rapidly once the sun sets, then in the mornings it is delightful weather.

That’s all for now
Cheers

Warbo

No comments:

Post a Comment