Monday 13 March 2023

Flashback: Sheila's first trip to Australia in 2004

Monday 13th March - 2023

Hello again from your live correspondent Down-Under in the land of Australia.

Recently I wrote a blog about my friend Mal Bradley’s fully restored Model A Ford A400, I certainly hope that you have had the chance to read that story & view the superb photographs of one of the best (without a doubt) examples of a Model A Ford A400 anywhere in the world.


Participants in the 2004 Model A Ford National Rally in Perth,WA.

A definite blast from the past for my Model A Ford friends in America. One thing always leads into another & I thought that my Model A Ford friends in America would be interested to read & see some photographs about my research of some of those Model A Ford members that ventured Down-Under to Australia to attend the Model A Ford National Rally in Perth Western Australia in 2004.

See all the accompanying photographs to bring back those memories.


US participant's cars arriving on the docks in Sydney.

Before I go any further, I must apologise for the quality of the photographs because they definitely are not up to my high standards as you will witness.

When my friend Mal Bradley found out that I was going to write a story about that momentous 2004 Model A Ford National Rally in Perth W.A all those years ago he went back into his archives & came up with these photos.


Hopefully some of my American friends that attended that Rally in Perth in 2004 will recognise the people, cars & places where these photos were taken all those years ago & enjoy those wonderful memories.

Of course there is also a very special connection to this event because my very own 1931 Model A Ford slant Window Town Sedan “Sheila” that I now own which is on the high seas sailing towards Sydney attended this Rally in 2004 when she was owned by Clyde-Ross Morgan & his beautiful wife LeeAnn from Sedona in Arizona. (see photo below).


US participant's cars arriving on the docks in Sydney.

I have recently returned from my holidays in Phoenix Arizona & while I was there I caught up with a few of those Model A Ford participants that attended the 2004 Rally that are Club members of my Model A Ford Club in Arizona, I am sure that they will reminisce about this article I am writing & also bring back some delightful memories for them.


Mal Bradley was one of the people from the Model A Ford Club of NSW (which I am a member) that was very instrumental in the care of looking after the vehicles & organising committee that helped unload the American Model A Fords when they landed on the docks here in Australia.


Mal acquaints me that these photos were taken in the warehouse on the docks in Sydney & the other photos were taken in Perth, WA during the 2004 Rally.

I would appreciate any feedback from anybody that attended the 2004 Model A Ford National Rally in Perth, WA all those years ago, be it either Australian or Americans, I would love to hear from you.


Nothing else to report at the moment, I am looking forward to all of your responses.

Cheers for now,

Warbo.



No comments:

Post a Comment