Tuesday 7 March 2023

Warbo’s Magical Mystery Tours continues...

Back-dated post: 17th February - 2023

Warbo’s Magical Mystery Tours continue...

Talk about the Wild West here in Arizona, l am right in the middle of it & lucky to be alive.

Just when l thought that l could kick back & relax for the remaining 12-days of my excursion over here in Arizona, guess what, no chance.


You are not going to believe what happened to the “Squire” recently. Everything that I am about to tell you about in this email is the gospel truth.

I was out & about in “Sheila” this morning running around finalising everything before I return to God’s country onboard Skippy at the end of the month.


Honestly l must have been born under a lucky star, either that or I have nine lives. On my way to Tempe which is a neighbouring suburb near Chandler where I live here, I exited the freeway at exit ramp No.52 (University Drive). The traffic slowed down because of the exit speed off the freeway. 

I was in a queue of about ten vehicles slowly driving towards a set of traffic lights to make a left hand turn.


Suddenly out of nowhere l hear a screech of tyres & then this big bang in the rear of “Sheila’s” rear left hand side. Luckily the impact was not too severe because l was still moving at around 15mph or 30kms, needless to say if l had been stationary it would have been much worse. I immediately pulled over to the side of the off-ramp & so did the person that collided with me.

He was a young Mexican guy in his early 20s. I asked him if he had insurance, his answer was No. This now creates a huge problem because it is against the law here in Arizona if your vehicle is uninsured. I called 911 as you do here in America if anything goes wrong (l have always wanted to call 911 to see what happens) & this was my life’s long opportunity to fulfil that dream.


The State Trooper was on his way. Because the other party is uninsured you need a Police report otherwise my insurance company will not cover any damage to my vehicle. Now this is where the shit hits the fan.

While waiting for the Arizona State Trooper to arrive to make his report of my accident, I was standing next to “Sheila” passing the time away.


Then all hell brakes loose, suddenly there was this horrible crash impact & noise of another crash within 30ft or 10mts from me. I looked around & all I could see was this Ford pick-up doing a barrel roll right in front of me. There were lawn mowers & gardening tools & other equipment flying all over the off ramp while this pick-up was in its barrel roll.

Luckily for the two guys that were in the pick-up (see photo) the vehicle ended up on its wheels after its barrel roll. I can tell you I needed a change of underwear.

Once the pick-up came to a stop these two Mexicans jumped out of their vehicle then they raced around & retrieved all of their equipment from the off ramp & road, threw it all into the back of their pick-up.


Obviously they also did not have insurance because they immediately fled the scene. Detective Sergeant Warbo had his finger on the trigger & managed to take a photograph of their ute as they speed away (number plate) & all (see photo) which I later gave to the State Trooper when he arrived.

Meanwhile there I was trembling in my shoes wondering what on earth I had just witnessed, I thought it was all a bad dream.

Really there is not that much damage to “Sheila” (see photo) however have a look at the wet backs Mitsubishi. Look at the front RHS of his car where he hit me, it is completely demolished, he had to throw away the front of his car on the side of the road, thank heavens l was in my 1931 Model A Ford, Henry Ford sure made them tough in those days.


Eventually I came back down to earth once the State Trooper made his report & l was on my way again with a change of underwear.

Now if that is not a good story, I do not know what is & I am alive to talk about it. Remember what my motto is: “Adventure before Dementia”. 
I just happen to have spades of adventure still left in me yet.

Stay safe. Regards

Warbo

No comments:

Post a Comment