Monday 18 June 2018

Arrival into Phoenix, Arizona

US Saturday 16th June - 2018

Phoenix, Arizona

Reporting live from my Trailer Park home here in Chandler, which is in southern part of the Phoenix metropolitan area in Arizona, USA.

Phoenix is also known as the Valley of the Sun which in turn is part of the Salt River Valley. Phoenix has long hot summers. Its climate is typical of the Sonoran Desert which it sits on the edge of. Phoenix receives the most amount of sunshine then any major city on earth. Over 300 days of sunshine a year with scant rain.



Summer officially starts here in the US this week, but here in the Arizona desert
temps are already very high. On arrival I was greeted by 43ºC [109ºF]

This is my my outdoor thermometer.

As you can see in the photo [above] by the thermometer at the front door of my trailer it was almost 
43ºC [110
ºF] when I arrived two days ago from the UK via a brief stopover in New York enroute.

Once I let myself inside & turned the Air-Con on to cool the place down, as it has been 10-months since I last visited here, the next very important job is to check if there are any Scorpions taken up residence in my house. They can sneak in through cracks and crevices as thin as a credit card.



A visitor that find his way into my bathtub during my absence

As you can see by the photo [above] I did have an uninvited visitor that made his way into my bath tub. There a plenty of Scorpions here in the Arizona desert, every night I go looking for any visitors with my blue light torch. They are much easier to spot with the torch when it is dark. You have to make sure that they haven’t climbed into the bedding before you hit the sack.

Yesterday was the start of the monsoon season here in Arizona, & guess what, this morning when I looked outside it had actually been raining overnight. It has been 97 days since they last had any rain here in Chandler.

They also have chooks, goats, rabbits & Sammy the son runs his
Arizona Model A Ford Business from the same property

One of my friends dropped around to see me in his early Model Bronco for a cuppa. Dan is the guy with the Ford Tee shirt & Sam is the owner of the Park. In the photo with the 2 mules is the view that I have out the front window of my luxurious trailer. If you look closely at the back on the left hand side you can see my R.V.


Dan and Sam called by for a cuppa in an old model Ford Bronco

I have never told any one in Sydney that this place is Model A Ford Heaven, as you can see by the photo this line up is just a few of the Model A Fords that the Guthrie’s have scattered throughout their Trailer Park, there are something like 50-60 Model A Fords on this property. 

The US-based popular TV show; American Pickers want to shoot an episode here, however the owners are not interested and do not want to have a bar of it.


When I am here at the Trailer Park it is like living in the '20s-'30s, there is no where else like it in the world, I really love it here & the Guthrie family treat me as if I am one of their sons.



Model A Fords lined up on the Chandler property.
Arizona with its dry desert atmosphere - is a good rust free environment

for storing cars. The sun can be tough on interiors though.

To give you a better idea of this unique place I will take a few more shots & post them here on the blog for you. 


They also have chooks, goats, rabbits & Sammy the son runs his Arizona Model A Ford Business from the same property.



They also have chooks, goats, rabbits & Sammy the son, runs his
Arizona Model A Ford Business from the same property

Along the way in my last 3-weeks of travel, I have managed to pick up an Upper Respiratory tract infection, I was so crook this morning l decided to go to the Dr’s today for antibiotics, hopefully I will come good by the time I depart for my drive up to Reno, Nevada next Thursday.

Today is much cooler, temperature, around 24ºC [75ºF] with overcast skies that I very rarely see here in Arizona.


At the moment it is 1530 on Saturday afternoon, I will finish this off & enjoy a quiet evening watching the TV.


Cheers for now
Warbo.



No comments:

Post a Comment