Monday 18 June 2018

US Father's Day - Arizona

US Sunday 17th June - 2018

What you have to do here in this hot Arizona desert climate to get anything done is to wake up early & plan your day starting at 0530.  Because by the time 10 o’clock rolls around it is way too hot to work out side in the blazing sun. Temperatures will climb into the high thirties or the low forties Celsius.


This morning I replaced the battery in 'Sheila' so that she would not let me down on the upcoming road trip to Reno, Nevada - then I proceeded to give the old girl a wash.


My US 1931 Model A Ford 'Sheila' parked outside
No.93, my trailer home here in Chandler, Phoenix, Arizona

You may ask how my 1931 Model A Ford 4-door, slant window, Town Sedan got her name.

The gentleman that I purchased this vehicle from lives in Sedona, Arizona. 12-years ago he & another eight Model A Ford US enthusiasts shipped their cars to Australia & drove them over to Perth in W.A. to attend the Model A Ford National Rally. 

Ross took a fancy to the name 'Sheila' & decided that was what he would call his vehicle. Once the Australian Rally was over they then shipped their vehicles back home to America.


Sammy’s office on this amazing property where I live
where Sammy runs his Arizona Model A Ford business

Next week, I am the only one out of the Arizona Model A Ford Club that is driving their vehicle to Reno, the rest are all trailering them, they are all a bunch of pansies with no balls, & of course they think that I am totally off the planet. We’ll see about that down the track.

Sammy’s Dad is into tractors & here are a few 
of them in the paddock with the mules.

I am starting to feel a little better now that l have started my course of antibiotics
yesterday, so by the time Thursday rolls around I should be firing on all 8-cylinders once again.

I still have heaps to do before I hit the road, so I will finish off now.

Cheers 
Warbo.


The next 3 photos shows you just some of the animals roaming around the property, 

No comments:

Post a Comment