Monday 11 June 2018

Part I - Monday 11th June - 2018

Part I - Monday 11th June - 2018

In Suffolk, UK

I have just woken up here to glorious Summer sunshine & blue skies. It is now 0600 on Monday morning, my only wish now is that tomorrow morning repeats itself weather-wise for my much anticipated flight in the WWII Spitfire from The Goodwood Aerodrome over the English Channel.

As you can see by the photo, my English Model A Ford friends and me are sitting out side The Four Horseshoes Inn in Suffolk after a wonderful Sunday Roast lunch. This thatched roof 12th Century building, is full of centuries old beams, a grand fireplace and has a warm, cosy welcome for all.


Me with a group of my Model A Ford friends at The Four Horseshoes Inn
Wickham Road, Thornham Magna, Eye, Suffolk, UK

Andrew will fetch me at 0900 this morning & drive me down to Gatwick Airport where I have arranged the hire of a rental vehicle to then drive myself south to Chichester that is near Goodwood so that I can overnight & be ready for my 0900 lift off in the morning.



This thatched roof pub is nestled into the beautiful Suffolk
countryside and is full of charm and intrigue

Once my flight is finished in the Spitfire, I will then drive myself north to London on the A23 to once again stay overnight in a B/B near the Kia Oval so that I can attend the One-Day International Cricket match between England V Australia on Tuesday.

The following day bright and early at 0630 on Wednesday morning l will be boarding my Norwegian Air B787 Dreamliner aircraft heading across the Atlantic to New York.


The pub's interior features a unique internal well, traditional and 
original low, low beams and a grand fireplace.
All so uniquely British.


Once I arrive in New York I then transfer to an American Airlines flight to Phoenix Arizona. I have really enjoyed my 4-days here in the old dart with my friends, they have looked after me like a silk worm.

Not too much else to tell you about now.

The next live report will be once I have experienced my flight sitting behind the BIG Merlin engine of the Spitfire as it propels me over the English Channel.

Cheers for now
Warbo


No comments:

Post a Comment