Friday 15 June 2018

One Day International Cricket at The Oval

Wednesday 13th June - 2018

One Day International Cricket at The Kia Oval

After my incredible Spitfire flight yesterday I have traveled up from Goodwood /Chichester Airport in the lovely rural setting of West Sussex up into London City to attend the One Day International Cricket match between Australia and England at the Kia Oval in Kennington, South London.


This morning I have traveled the 70 miles from Goodwood/Chichester
up into South London to the Kia Oval in Kennington

The Oval here has a long cricket history and has been the home of the Surrey County Cricket Club since 1845. The Ashes were first created here in 1882. And the great Sir Donald Bradman played his last ever innings here and memorably failed to make the four runs he required to retire from cricket with an average of 100 runs per innings.


At The Kia Oval in South London with the Member's Stand behind me


I take my seat as pre-match activities take place out on the center


My spot in the bleachers. I'm listening to former Australian Cricket
Captain Ricky Ponting's live commentary on the ear-piece.


Another coincidence, in the photograph [above] you can see the young guy sitting in front of me with the beer in his right hand, well, earlier I got a chat on with him because I could hear his Australian accent & asked him where he was from in Australia. His answer was; “you would not know where l live, I live in the Sutherland Shire at Menai". Well you could have knocked me over with a feather, trust me. He is now living here in London.



The game is under way. I have great views of all the action.
C'mon the Aussies!

This is the first outing for new look Australian Cricket Team after some big recent changes with a new coach, a new Captain and new attitude. Unfortunately my presence wasn't enough to spur the Aussies to victory against the arch enemies. 

Today is my last full day in the Old Dart. Tonight I'm headed for the Sofitel Hotel at London Gatwick Airport in preparation for my 6:30am departure to New York tomorrow morning on low-cost Trans-Atlantic airline, Norwegian Air at 6:30am. 

Warbo


No comments:

Post a Comment