Thursday 7 June 2018

Wednesday - Isle of Man - Day #6


Wednesday 6th June - 2018 


Thousands upon thousands of people lined the promenade & the sandy shore line of the Irish Sea here in Douglas last night to watch the aerial performance of the Royal Air Force's Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows under a perfect sky over the Douglas Bay skyline. WOW !!! What a performance they provided for 20 or so minutes.

The Royal Air Force's Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows
fly their 9-man formation over Douglas Bay


Crowds flocked to the Promenade and the beaches of Douglas to
watch the Royal Air Force's Aerobatic Team, The Red Arrows perform

Once the Red Arrows display had finished I wandered up to the Gaiety Theatre for a funny & informative evening with Steve Parrish. What a life this guy has had, he is also a commentator on the BBC, truck racer and in general a great knock about bloke, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to his life story.



Selfie: The Red Arrows over the Isle on Man yesterday
Photo courtesy of the Red Arrows.

Today is my sixth day here on the IoM, and we have not had one shower or drop of rain in that entire time.


Today will be my last day to watch the TTs as I depart for London tomorrow afternoon.


Passing in review, the Red Arrows arc over Douglas Bay on the Isle of Man.
The afternoon was almost flawless with no wind and only high level cloud.

I have enjoyed myself so much that I would consider returning here in the future. This experience has been so different to any other race meet that I have attended any where in the world. Truly a once in a life time humbling adventure, these racers are the bravest men in the world, bar none. 



Built in 1899, this is the ornate facade of the Gaiety Theatre that
is situated on the Douglas Promenade in Douglas and overlooks the sea.
I made two visits to the Gaiety Theatre during my week on the IoM


I enjoyed last night at the Gaiety Theatre in Douglas with
Steve Parrish on stage talking about his life and adventures

All I can say is the feeling must be so awesome that they put their life on the line every time they throw their leg over the seat of these incredible untamed machines. You have no idea how fast these daredevils ride their machines around a deadly road racing circuit, there is nothing else like it in the world.

It is that time again, I can smell the bacon & eggs cooking so I must finish off now.


Cheers
Warbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment