Saturday 2 June 2018

Saturday 2nd June - 2018

Saturday 2nd June - 2018

Day #3 on the Isle of Man

I have had many rushes in my life BUT nothing compares to sitting on a hedge beside the road on mountain straight with one of these (1,000 cc) Senior TT motorbikes hurtling past you at 180mph. You can virtually stretch your arm out and touch these daredevils as they fly past you. I have never experienced any thing like this in my life.

Today is the first day of the real racing, up until now these very temporary daredevils have been practicing their skills for grid positions on this unbelievable road racing circuit.
Forget about Mount Panorama, this place leaves it for dead (maybe I should not have used that term) because every year there are riders killed here.



Northern Island's Michael Dunlop averaging 133mph
for the 37-mile circuit. Hitting a breath-taking 191mph on the mountain straight

Yesterday I drove my Nissan (rental) race car around the 37-mile circuit with my very best new friend John Cannon (he is the guy that sat next to me on the flight over here to the Island and organised my accommodation). 

John informs me during our time spent together that he is a 30-year veteran Cop working in London. He is now a Detective, however he tells me that over his career he has worked in all departments of the Police Force in London, very interesting and nice guy.

The weather here on the Island is still great, so hopefully I should see some wonderful break neck speed wheel to wheel racing.



Me standing beside the Tyco Motor bike in their garage is the same
team that Dan Kneen (up and coming rider) rode for,
he unfortunately was killed in practice on Wednesday evening

My money is on Michael Dunlop (Team Tyco) from Northern Ireland on his 1000cc BMW, yesterday his top speed on the mountain straight was 191 MPH, averaging 133 MPH around this 37-mile circuit. It took him only 16.53 minutes to complete one flying lap, in Warbo’s Nissan race car it took me just over 1-hour to do the same distance, however you must remember that I had a Detective with me as pillion passenger so one had to behave one’s self, and as you know that is very difficult for me to do.


My tip to take out the crown in 2018, Michael Dunlop on his 
Tyco BMW 1000cc Superbike is momentarily held in position by the race starter.

The photo of me standing beside the Tyco Motor bike in their garage is the same team that Dan Kneen (up and coming rider) rode for, he unfortunately was killed in practice on Wednesday evening.

Viewing point for me today will be sitting on a hedge right beside the track at
Creg-ny-Baa. At least from this vantage point I will be able to see the bikes at a slower speed instead of just a flash screaming past.



Viewing point for me today will be sitting on a hedge right beside the track at 
famous Creg-ny-Baa Hotel corner.

The other photo is of one of the new electric Motor bikes, very interesting concept, however I am from the old school and just love to breath in the fumes and listen to the roar of the engines screaming at 12,000rpm, nothing will replace that feeling.


Enjoying my all-inclusive, daily English breakfast in the parlour
of the Strathmore Guest House on Clifton Terrace

Sorry folks, my English Breakfast (round the house) is due to be served by the landlady Elizabeth in 15-minutes. So l must finish off now and prepare myself for another spine tingling exciting day here on the Isle of Man.

To be continued.
Cheers for now.
Warbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment